Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to Karth!

I know that some folks enjoyed reading the transcripts of my buddy Kris in his pillaging of the Village of Hommlet. As I wrote earlier, this was an adaptation of the classic AD&D adventure to a 3rd edition setting (yes, yes...we all have our skeletons in the closets and I, too, played D20).

It occurs to me that some folks might be interested in the campaign setting we used...you may have noticed in the transcript references to a lot of places not found in the World of Greyhawk. I still have all my campaign notes, including rules tweaks (for example, half-orcs were not allowed as a PC race and orcs were considered goblinoids; gnomes were seafaring creatures with enemy bonuses against aquatics and the ability to speak with aquans; high elves favored class was sorcerer, etc.). I won't bother listing all the allowable prestige classes and such, but some might be want to rip off my locations for their own campaign worlds.

[unfortunately, there is no map to include with this...you'll have to plug-in locations where you feel they'll work best for your game]

I could probably turn this into a little sourcebook or something, but I've got too many irons in the fire right now as it is. Just figured I'd share:

[hmmmm...on second thought, I see that even withOUT cleaning up the notes and properly formatting them, there're at least six pages...I should probably just put this into a .pdf document for downloading]

All right...um, Karth notes (that was the name of the world...like Earth with a "K," get it?) will be posted in the next couple-couple. Um...probably.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments: