Wednesday, May 5, 2010

By The Way...


Can I just tell everyone here how utterly, smoking-hot awesome my artists are?

I call them "my artists" but they don't work for me, they aren't under contract...hell, we don't owe each other ANYTHING (well...I do owe each a copy of the finished product, but I mean, other than that).

But that's besides the point. Fact is, they've done some amazing work, and continue to do so. Amos just cranked out half-a-dozen illos for sprinkling through the Treasure chapter. Mike did just a bang-up fantastic job on the cover leaf (it will be posted here shortly). I just saw Brian's preliminary sketches for the cover and it looks like he's going in right on! right direction. And Kelvin's ponaturi illo? It was so cool I had to edit the crap out of the phoenix entry so that I could fit the thing long-wise onto half the page...it's just so damn neat.
: )

It's easy to gush when folks are giving you quality work out of the damn goodness of their hearts. It's easy to be thankful and heap praise and flatter and blah-blah-blah. That's not the point of this post. The point is the work they're doing gets me goddamned excited and fired up. I wrote a while ago (won't bother finding a link) that just re-reading my own writing made me excited about publishing this game. No it won't be to everyone's taste, but I hope it will inspire half the people that buy it half as much as me...'cause it inspires me a LOT. And the illustrations?

Shit. They just push the thing to the next damn level.

I'm a passionate guy. I get worked into a frothing frenzy and I type really fast and I rant and rave and sometimes both about lots of things. That's just me. But it takes SOMETHING to set me off...I'm not chemically imbalanced with little switches clicking for no particular reason. And these guys' art gets me cranked.

All right, that's enough for now (gotta' get back to work). Dave...you are for sure not left out of this (but I'm still hoping for those two last pieces! *hint*hint*). I just needed a moment to share my excitement before I blew a gasket or two.
; )



3 comments:

  1. Yes, sorry, only after I did it did I realise what an awkward shape that picture was. I hope it didn't cause too much trouble to reformat things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB it sounds fantastic. And Kelvin's work is top notch stuff. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kelvin: the pic is great...one of my favorites of the book. And I dig the perspective you used.

    @ Tim: You're telling me!

    ReplyDelete